Baptisms

Baptisms

Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Jeepeney

Dear Family and Friends, I apologize in advance due to the computer I am using not having a working "enter" button so this letter will be one large paragraph. But I'm glad to hear things are going ok at home, although I'm sorry to hear that Max had to be put down.  But all the changes happening back home sound exciting. This week has been another amazing experience, and I'm getting ready to head out into the field this Wednesday.  I'm excited to be going out, but will definatley miss the MTC and the amazing people I've met here.  I think I will be able to write one more email on Tuesday before I head out, but If not, you may not hear from me this coming Friday due to having a different P-day out in the field, but I'll try and keep you up to date as much as I can.  I've been a little nervous about going into the field due to the obvious language barrier that still exists, but the words of 1 Nephi 7:12 have had a big impact on me this week as well as when the Choir in General Conference sang the 4th and last verse of How Firm a Foundation.  That has really had a large impact on me this week and has given me strength.  I finally was able to watch General Conference and for the first time I actually took notes, and it was amazing how much more information and revelation I recieved in doing so.  So my challenge for this week is either in the upcoming conference in April, or if you have time, watch/re-watch general conference and write down things that you feel prompted to.  This week we went on another proselyting activity, this time in the Quezon City Mission.  There I got to experience riding a Jeepney which was rather interesting.  (if you havn't already search some images or a Jeepney).  I had two infield companions this time due to the other infield companion only being out for 13 weeks.  When we first met, the one changed the plans they had made for the day because he felt prompted to go and see an investigator that they hadn't been able to contact in over a month.  So we hopped on a Jeepney and took a 45 minute drive to the other side of town where this guy lived.  After we got off we walked for another 20 minutes or so to his apartment.  I began to be a little worried when we first entered this neighborhood, but I was doing my best to keep a prayer in my heart, and the words of How Firm a Foundation again popped in my head with "Fear not I am with thee, oh be not dismayed.  For I am thy God and will still give thee aid,  I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand."  With that in my heart I just couldn't but help to smile and wave at everyone.  We finally arrived at the apartment, and the man we wanted to see was not home, but his Mother was.  She was Catholic and so we sat down and gave a short message about the gospel of Jesus Christ and described how families were central to God's Plan for us and explained some of our beliefs.  She was very intrigued by this and invited the Elders to come back tomorrow.  It was very interesting to see the change in her expression throughout the lesson, and it was another manifestation to me of just how important it is to listen to those promptings of the spirit and to receive those kinds of revelation. So that was my highlight for the week and helped me to see how the Lord really does prepare the hearts of people, and that through faith, all things are possible.  Another thing I am excited for is that on the 30th of October the whole Quezon City North Mission gets to come together as Elder Dallin H. Oaks, and Elder Lynn G. Robbins come to speak with us.  So I am definitely looking forward to that, also with Halloween coming up right after for you guys, I'm curious to hear what everyone dresses up as.  Well I wish you all the best and you are all in my prayers, and hopefully I'll write Tuesday, but if not I've been hearing Monday might be my new P-day, but I'm not entirely sure.  Love you lots, Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.