Baptisms

Baptisms

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

First Area Transfer!

Kumusta Kayo lahat!

Well I've been trying to make the best out of the cold season here and dreaming of snow, and I actually woke up with chills the last couple of days.  We have been lucky and It's gotten down to about 67 degrees the last couple of nights, and with my fan going I actually had to use my top sheet of my bed!  I'm now kind of curious to see how big a wimp I'll be to the cold when I get back.

This email is coming on Tuesday for me, Monday night for you guys as Monday was out transfer announcements.  This was my last transfer of training and so now I'm taking of the diapers and putting the big boy pants on (which translates to I can now transfer and I'm not stuck with my tatay (trainer/father)).  So I  am now headed to Meycuayan Zone to a town called Santa Maria which borders the jungle.  So this coming transfer I'm hoping that somewhere I can hear the song "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns n' Roses.  I almost didn't believe I was going at first as my kabahay (roommate) Elder Collin just came from there and I'm with his old companion as well.  So he has been giving me the heads up on the area and a little of what to expect.  From what he says I might get to go preach the gospel to some monkeys, and smash all the giant spiders in the apartment.  I'm a little disheartened this transfer as both my companion and I are transferring out of the area and two new elders are coming in which means there will be no one to lead the area, and all of our investigators and less actives will have to re-adjust to two new missionaries, but I know things will work out the way they should.

On the bright side, we had a great experience this week as we had a fireside with the ward missionaries and auxiliary leaders on Sunday to help inspire them and get them more involved with the work.  We had a great activity and things went well and the leaders were able to see the importance of referring their friends and family to the missionaries, and also the importance and purpose of missionary work.  The bishop stated afterwards that his eyes had really been opened to what more he himself could do, and as well as the other auxiliary leaders and ward missionaries.  We then later found out that we were really blessed that we had the fireside when we did, as the next day we found out my companion and I were transferring.  So hopefully the ward members will be more prepared and anxious to help the new incoming elders pick up where we left off.

Well I hope that this coming week goes great for all of you, and you continue to progress and do well in school/work/what ever else you are doing.  You guys are always in my prayers and I wish the best for you.  I hope you all can see the best of things in the coming week, and if you are feeling down, count you blessings, as I know that has helped me a ton out here.

Love you all and Ingat kayo dyan (take care over there),
Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.