Baptisms

Baptisms

Monday, March 9, 2015

Wandering in the wilderness

Hello Family,

I'm very sorry to hear Holly is not feeling well, and I hope things start getting better for her soon, and that you all can get some rest. Also I was a little afraid of that happening with Brayden when I sent that, so hopefully things go well there.  On the bright side, its good to hear that Nicole's foot is healing well, and that every one did so well in school, and got to spend a little time with family at the Disney on Ice show.  

Well not a ton to report from here other than more trials.  Although my companion and I did have kind of a cool experience while tracting this week.  It was the middle of the day, pretty hot, and we had already talked to quite a few people who didn't seem super interested.  So we were getting ready to leave that area when we walked by a man working on his motorcycle.  We were going to walk past as he seemed busy, but my companion and I king of looked at each other, and we both felt we should talk to him.  We came over and asked if he needed help and he told us he was alright.  We then told him we were missionaries and asked if we share a message.  He then stopped what he was doing and gathered his family and went into a little cinder block house.  We taught a short lesson about how the gospel blesses families, and the family kind of opened up how they had been going through some trials.  They agreed to meet with us again, and my companion and I both feel that that was an answer to a prayer.  We are not 100% sure yet, but there was definitely a strong prompting of the spirit.  

So that was a good boost for me this week, because as I said there have been a lot of trials piling up out here.  My companion and I were talking the other day, and we have both come to an agreement that our last areas can be compared to the Story of Lehi and his family, or Moses and the Israelites.  Things in our last areas were pretty good, but then we were commanded to leave, and now we seem to be wandering through the wilderness haha.  But I guess that should mean our next area should be the promised land right?  Haha, well I'm sure it's not as bad as that, and on the bright side I'm continuing to learn.  Also on the bright side, as long as something weird doesn't come up and every thing keeps going as it's going, we should have a baptism on the 21st, (knock on wood) I say that because the last few that we have had really close to baptism there has been a trial that has come up for them, or something weird happens, and its either been delayed or dropped.  So hopefully things go through this time.  

Well I hope things are going better your way.  I hope Holly gets feeling better and that everyone is doing well in school and work and what not.  It's weird to think my 6 month mark is this coming Thursday, as it doesn't seem like its been nearly that long.  I wish you all the best in the coming week, and hope things are better by next Monday.

Love you lots,
Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.