Baptisms

Baptisms

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Phillipine drivers license

Dear Family,

    Well I guess you'll be getting two emails from me this week as I forgot to mention that the Office P-day is usually on Saturday, so Happy 4th of July! I hope that you are/will be enjoying the holiday and that everyone eats lots of good food, has fun with family, and has fun watching the fireworks.  I found it kind of interesting to see from some of our travels in the past and my time here how patriotic we really are.  June 12th was the Philippines Independence day and there were a few people that hung up flags, but there weren't really any parties or fireworks or really even people talking about it.  So just another appreciation for the country we live in.  

    So far being in the office has been both great but also a bit to take in.  I knew it was going to be a big responsibility when I was first called in, but since I've been here I'm finding I'm responsible for even more than I thought.  So far Elder Pongyan has been pretty good at training me and teaching me what to do, and I'm been picking it up fairly well so far, just makes my head hurt trying to remember everything.  

    Also another nice perk along with the AC is being able to drive.  So Thursday I went in and got my Philippines drivers license! So yes mom you were right, it was a good idea to bring me Id. On top of that, since the Mission Secretary and one of the APs are Americans, we had a good time today celebrating the forth.  Elder Howell has a kids baseball bat/baseball, so we went to one of the city parks here and played baseball, afterwards we went and ate at Shakey's which is a decent pizza parlor here.  So we had a pretty good fourth.

    Oh and before I forget, I guess I was wrong in sending the mission office address for packages.  If its just a simple letter (nothing thicker than 5 pages) you can send it to the mission office for pretty cheap through the "pouch" (ask Sister Hancock, that's how she sends hers to me). But I guess for packages, if you want to send them then send them to the post office address (the one previously used).  

    Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!! (on the 7th).  I was thinking that my email would be Monday, so that I would send it on your Birthday mismo, but I guess I'll have to send it a bit early, but thank you for all that you do in supporting the family, and in being a good example to me and helping us learn and grow and choose the right. Love you Dad.

    Well Sorry I forgot to give you the heads up, but I guess I'll look forward to your email next week.  I hope you all have a great week.

Love you lots,
Elder Chayce Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.