Baptisms

Baptisms

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Thanksgiving. Something to be thankful for.....

Hello Family,

    Well I'm glad you all had a fun and exciting trip, from the looks of the pictures it looks like it was a lot of fun.  I was pretty impressed that both Holly and Brayden are riding the big roller coasters now!  Hopefully there will be another chance that we can all go ride some coasters again.  That's also pretty cool to hear that you guys were able to get such cool prizes on the ship.  I just might have to print some of those pictures off and stick them on my planner, I had a good laugh with Dad a coke wearing a sombrero.  I hope everyone is able to recover from the motion sickness, and that you all make it home safe,

    With Thanksgiving just around the corner, sadly they don't have Thanksgiving here, but I still have a lot to be grateful for.  One I am definitely grateful for the gospel and the better understanding and the greater testimony that I have gained of it, especially whilst serving here.  I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who watches over and cares about each and every one of us, and is ready and willing to bless us, especially when we obey His commandments.  I'm grateful for the joy and happiness that comes from living the gospel and keeping the commandments,  I have definitely come to see the difference that it makes in our lives from those who truly are striving to live the gospel and from those who struggle.  The overall happiness and joy and hope that exists in the one is largely restricted and sometimes non-existent in the other.  I'm grateful for a Savior who was willing to come down and show us the way to true happiness and eternal life, and to atone for us so that the laws of Justice could be satisfied and we could receive His mercy, and to return to live with them.
      I'm grateful for the wonderful family that I was born into, and for the example and expectations you had set for me.  For raising us kids in the gospel and always striving to live by its principles.   I'm thankful for Dad and for him teaching us to be hard working and responsible.  I'm thankful for Mom who is supportive and who has always been there to patch up my owies, and to show us how to love one another.  I'm thankful for siblings who have always been so loving and energetic, and how even though I wasn't the nicest brother, you still loved me anyway.  I'm thankful for all the Grandpa's, Grandma's, Uncles, Aunts, and cousins, who have also helped me to learn and grow and have been great examples for me.  I'm thankful for friends who have been there along the way and have helped me learn and grow, and were there through the good times and the bad times.  I'm thankful for neighbors and church leaders who have been there throughout my life to guide and direct me and have helped shape me into who I am today, and who I want to become.
    I could keep going on for a few more pages, but I just wanted to say thank you all for all that you do, and for the influence that you have had on me.
    This week Elder Adra and I have been working hard with some of our investigator families and less active families as well.  Most of them are progressing fairly well still, especially the Cabugnason family.  They have really been showing a lot of faith and a great desire to change and leave behind a lot of their old happens and replace them with gospel habits.  It has been a really cool experience to see their willingness to leave behind the use of drugs and alcohol, bad attitudes, and other things and trade it all for the wonderful lifestyle of the gospel.   It really is awesome being a missionary and being able to see first hand the hand of the Lord changes lives.
     Well I'll wrap up this email and get it sent off.  I hope you all have a great week this week, and that everyone stays healthy and happy and enjoys the thanksgiving season.  Make sure to eat lots of turkey and mashed potatoes for me!

Love you lots,
Elder Chayce Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.