Baptisms

Baptisms

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Upcoming transfers

Hello Family,

     I hope that you are all doing well this week, and the you are able to figure out what to do for Holly.  I'm glad to hear that everyone seemed to have a fun and exciting halloween, and everyone's costumes looked great.  I'll keep hoping and praying for you all and for those in our extended family.  I also hope that everyone gets and stays healthy and well for your next trip.

    This week we were able to baptize Norlito our investigator along with the Assistants' investigator who is 80 years old.  So we had quite the age range in our baptism from 10-80!  It was really cool to see how the gospel really is for everyone, and that no matter whether we are in our youth or in our latter days,  there is still opportunity to change and accept the gospel.  That God never gives up on any of us, so whenever the time comes the we realize that, His arms are always extended towards us and ready to welcome us in.  The family that I discussed last week is still doing pretty well, they are progressing decently, we just need to find someone to help them out in getting to church as they are a little nervous.  Also we have another investigator who is awesome!  During each of our teaching appointments all of the answers he has given to us when we ask him a question have been almost perfect.  When we asked him about the great apostasy, he said "Oh so basically everyone was just going off of what they thought Christ had taught, and not necessarily what he actually taught so now we have a ton of churches teaching different things.  Also in another visit we were talking about the Fall of Adam and Eve, and after reading a scripture he blurted out "Oh! so it was actually a good thing that they partook of the fruit, because if they wouldn't have acquired the ability to discern good from evil, and would never have known joy or sadness because they didn't have that knowledge."  He also has been really diving into the Book of Mormon and even was asking what the Urim and Thummim were.  So we've been super excited to teach him and see his progression.

   Well this transfer is coming to a close, and surprisingly my trainee is already being transferred to another area.  We were both a bit saddened that our time together was so short, as Elder Lorenzo really has been a great companion, and I've had a blast training him, but President and the Assistants informed me that President really felt that my new companion really needed my help, and so because of that he is being transfered.  So my new companion will be Elder Adra, and I'll try to catch up on my picture sending next week from the baptism, and some other things that have been going on, but I'm running low on time now.  Either way I'm way lucky that I was able to be with Elder Lorenzo and be able to be his trainer.  He has potential to be a fantastic missionary.  

   So I apologize again for the short letter this week,  I'll do better next week.

Love you lots,
Elder Chayce Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.