Baptisms

Baptisms

Monday, December 7, 2015

The Filipino "Big Bad Wolf".

Hello Family,

   Well it sounds like there are a lot of exciting things going on back home and as you mentioned, time is still flying by.  It's weird to think that Christmas is right around the corner, and another skype call.  I think we will just plan like we have the previous skype calls and do it sometime in the morning for me, but later in the evening for you.  I'm hoping I can just coordinate with the Assistants and we will all just go to the mission office and be able to skype from there so that I don't have to use a internet cafe like last year, but I imagine it will be in a somewhat similar time frame as the previous calls.

    It's exciting to hear that Grandma and Grandpa Stevens have made it home, and I'm exited to hear how their mission was.  It's also great to hear that Sydney made it to the MTC and is getting ready to have the best 18 months.  Although I'm sorry to hear about Holly and Grandma Rainey, I'll keep them in my prayers.

    Well I'll have to see if I can bum some pictures and video from the demolition from some of the members as neither I nor any of the other Elders brought our cameras and so we didn't take any pictures (Yea I know dumb mistake).  I'll see if I can't find some this week and some how send a few to you.  If not, I know they are posted all over facebook pages of some of the members here.  The reason I know that is everyone has been jokingly calling me the Filipino equivalent of the big bad wolf as we "blew the house down".  On the bright side, yes we did start reconstructing the new house although it is not quite finished.  We were supposed to help out some more today, but we had a zone activity, so we said we would come Saturday when there are some other members coming to help and I think we will be putting up the roof (This time I'll try not to forget my camera).

     This week the Cabugnason family has been doing awesome.  We were hoping to have some of the ready to be baptized by this Saturday, but due to a few concerns we have decided to hold of for a little while.  One is working on getting their son married and having them both baptized if not at the same time, at least in close proximity.  The other we are working on his, I'm not sure how to say this as carefully as possible, but his sexual orientation.  He has made a lot of progress, but we want to be sure he can maintain it.  The parents we are just working on their addiction to cigarettes, which has been pretty difficult for them, but they have made a lot of progress. All of which are fairly serious matters, so we decided to delay their baptism a little while longer to help them prepare some more.  They have all been doing awesome though, in fact this last fast Sunday, unexpectedly they all got up and decided to share their testimonies of the truthfulness of the gospel and the wonderful changes that had been experiencing in their lives.  Also this past week, they were relating to us just how many sets of missionaries they had turned away or hid from but had finally accepted us and how glad they were that they had.  So like you mentioned, it really is important to plant that seed as you never know when it may sprout.

    Also this is indeed that last full week of the cycle, and so my next email will be on Tuesday.  President Bertin already kind of told me what will be happening to me this next cycle in our last zone interview, so unless he has changed his mind I'll stay here in Lagro one more cycle, which I'm pretty glad as I thought I would have to try and hurry and adjust to a new ward and new companion for Christmas, but hopefully not so.  

      That about does it for me this week,  I hope you all have a great week this week, hopefully everyone stays healthy and happy, and I'll look forward to hearing from you on Tuesday.

Love you lots,
Elder Chayce Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.