Baptisms

Baptisms

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Every member a missionary.

Hello Family,

      Glad to hear that everyone enjoyed their week.  It sounds like Mom and Holly had a good time in Salt Lake, and I hope everyone else had some fun at home.

       Well it's the last day of the cycle and tomorrow a new on begins.  The 4th Quarter, the Sprint to the finish, the final countdown... (No I'm not trunky just aware that as the hymn states "the time is far spent".  So yes Dad, I too can hardly believe that Kaitlyn and the other sisters in my MTC batch are headed home.  Just makes me glad that as Elders we get 24 months instead of only 18, as I always imagined the last part of the mission to be the best part, not because you're almost done, but because all those months of experience can all be applied and awesome things happen.  Now that I'm reaching that point, I would have to say my prediction was pretty accurate.  Granted there are those missionaries that get into the mindset that they have already put in their effort for all those months and so they just kind of relax for the last few months, but I just keep thinking, "You've been teaching the principle of ENDURE TO THE END for how long now?"  Well I'm crossing my fingers I don't end up like that.  It has been a great experience though of hearing the testimony of a Sister missionary in our zone who is headed home, and from the things her companion has said and from seeing her numbers each week, I would say it is safe to say she has applied that principle.  It has really been a privilege whenever I have met or been around missionaries that have learned and applied that the difference in their countenance than from some of the others.  One thing that has stuck in my mind that Elder Allen D. Haynie of the Seventy said at our mission conference with President Nelson was also what Mom wrote on the bag of Swedish fish (Thank you!).  Most of us are familiar with the the statement that Christ made when he said "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men."  One interesting difference though Elder Haynie pointed out in the account of Mark where it is quoted "Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men." (Mark 1:17)  He pointed out that becoming something requires change, change requires repentance and conversion.  One of my favorite quotes from him that day was "You should go home a whole new person."  I am certainly grateful for the things I've learned and the growth that I've had so far in my mission, and to continue to see the blessings of repentance and conversion in the lives those we teach.

      My Person for the week this week is actually a family.  The Uera family are a part member family in our ward, and whenever we are doing anything around that area, they always are excited if we stop by and almost always they have a referral for us. Anyone from their next door neighbor, to people they met at work, or some of their friends and family they have willingly and excitedly either introduced them to us, or have given us their contact information to go back and visit.  The mother of the family is not a member and she has recently agreed to let us teach her and she attended church last Sunday which was great to see.  So they have been a great help to us, and really inspiring to see the statement of "Every member a missionary" show forth through them.  It reminded me of Nicole sharing and inviting her friend to be taught be the missionaries.  It really is a great blessing when the members of the ward are the ones who refer those they know as the likeliness of them accepting the gospel becomes much more likely.  Granted yes there will still be those that are not ready to receive it yet, but I continue to find it rather inspiring how this family never gives up. 

      Well, wish I could write a little more, but I'm running short on time today, but I hope you all have a great week, stay healthy, be happy, and I'll look forward to writing next Monday.

Love you lots,
Elder Chayce Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.