Baptisms

Baptisms

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Where there is no vision, the people perish

Hello Family,

     Well first I apologize as I forgot to mention that we had a Temple P-day today so it was on Wednesday and not Monday.  So I hope you haven't worried to much that I haven't sent an email yet.  I hope Dad is doing ok with his toe, and that Mom is doing ok with her schedule, and that everyone else is doing well.  It's exciting to hear that Nicole was able to receive her patriarchal blessing, and that Brayden is getting ready to receive the priesthood.  It sounds like there are a lot of cool things going on over there.

      Well we woke up early this morning and had a member of our ward take us and the rest of our zone in his little shuttle to the temple.  It was a pretty great session, and I'm definitely thankful for how lucky our mission is to be able to go to the temple from time to time as every time I've been to the temple on my mission, I've received revelation, comfort, and instruction in things that the Lord would have me do.  After our session in the waiting room I ran across one of my MTC teachers who was a few months pregnant while we were in the MTC, but is now about to have his first birthday this month.  Also one of the common things that happens here because our mission is not very big is that you tend to run into people from previous areas or like this occasion where we run into MTC teachers at the temple, and I swear they all ask the same question "Aren't you close to going home?" I have to keep telling them, "NO!"

      This last week was a pretty good week.  We have 4 new missionaries in our zone and 2 of which came straight from the MTC.  So it has also been a pretty busy week with transfers as Elder Saludar and I are in charge of one of the biggest transport hubs in our mission, and so we have missionaries from all parts of the mission traveling our way and we help them get on their next ride to where ever it is they are going.  It is kind of fun though to see some old friends as they pass through.  We also had our leadership conference this week and discussed some things that we can improve on for the next cycle.  On Tuesday we had our Zone training meeting and Elder Saludar and I gave a workshop on one of the topics which was given during our leadership conference which was focusing on Our Vision.  I've really come to enjoy the phrases that a writer of Proverbs wrote, "Where there is no vision, the people perish..." (Pro 29:18).  It is such a simple statement but it has some great words of advise.  Whenever we want to accomplish something we have to have a vision of what the end product is going to be, or what is going to happen.  For example our Father in Heaven has of vision "...to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" (Moses 1:39). From of vision we set goals on how we want to achieve that vision.  From the goals we set plans on how to achieve the goals.  From those plans then we act to accomplish the plan, to achieve the goal, to reach our vision.  If we don't have anything that we are shooting for, then of course we will never accomplish it.  So it was nice to have that reminder from our mission president as he mentioned that we've been doing great, but there is always room for improvement.  I was reflecting this past week on the performance of the entire zone and in the past 6 weeks we have literally doubled in the majority of our key indicators (numbers that we send in our reports that tell how our work is doing in the area).  Although I really liked what one of the Sister Training Leaders stated during their workshop that "Just because things are going well doesn't mean that we shouldn't from time to time consider whether there might be something better."  So that is what we are pushing for again this cycle is seeing how far we can raise the bar.

    My person for the week is Jamson (JamJam) Cresencio.  If I remember correctly he is about 10 years old, his height comes up just a little above my waist, and he is the friendliest kid I've ever met.  Ever Sunday when we are at church he will go around and shake literally everyone's hand and say Hi! He then sometimes stands by us by the door as we welcome people into the chapel.  He has been an awesome example to me of how even at a young age he helps in being friendly to all the members whether active or less active, and even our investigators.  I think he will make a great missionary one day, and he always brings a smile to my face whenever I see him, and I know even at a young age his light is shining for others to see.

    That's about all I have for this week, this week and next week will be pretty busy as well, so hopefully I'll have some good stories to tell.  I hope everyone is staying healthy and happy over there, and I'll write again on Monday.

Love you lots,
Elder Chayce Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.