Baptisms

Baptisms

Monday, April 25, 2016

It's been in the 100's and I don't think water has tasted so good!

Hello Family,

     It sounds like there are quite a few people feeling a little ill this week both back home and here, so I hope everyone gets well soon.  It's pretty weird to think that schools already almost over.  I could have sworn it just started.  I'm finding more and more of what one elder told me when I was still in training on my mission is true. He said that a mission is like a roller coaster.  During training, you are just pulling out of the station (very slow), up until the first year you are being taken up the hill (still fairly slow), after one year you are over the hill and gaining speed.  Considering that the past 6 weeks for me only seemed like it was only a week.

     This week Elder Saludar and I were pretty busy with transfers and everything else going on this week.  Our zone has one of the biggest transport hubs in the mission and its pretty central for many other zones, so not only do we shuffle missionaries coming in and out of our zone, but we also help supervise and arrange travel for several other zone in the mission.  On the bright side I get a good work out from loading and unloading all the luggage.  That and it is nice to see some familiar faces passing through on their way to their new assignment. 

    Summer has already started here in the Philippines, everyone has been out of school since about the end of March, and the past few weeks the summer temperatures have  been showing their faces.  It's been in the 100's constantly this week, with the hottest day this week being 111 degrees.  I don't think water has ever tasted so good as it does now.  Although with the greater sacrifice has come greater blessings.  We have had a lot of success with our finding this week as some people invite us in simply because they feel sorry for us walking out in the heat.  I'm certainly glad though that I've developed a bit of filipino blood as the heat doesn't feel as bad as it was last year even though the temperatures are higher than last year.  

    Elder Saludar and I are excited for some of our upcoming baptisms starting May 7.  After that we should have baptisms weekly until about the end of May, and hopefully we can find some more people to keep that train rolling.  My person for the week this week is Brother Paulo.  He is an investigator that attended church in the other ward that attends in our building, but it turns out he is in our area.  He is 22 years old and has only been taught twice so far.  He read the Book of Mormon in less than a day.  We have been trying to check around as our first impression was that someone was just trying to trick us into thinking he was an investigator when he was really a member, but when we taught him on Sunday the bishop was also present in our lesson and we were all pretty curious about him.  He has a photographic memory so he read the first vision once and recited it back to us.  He has a great desire to be baptized and wants to learn more.  It was fascinating teaching him for the first time, and I'm hoping it's not one of those things that are too good to be true, but I guess if it is, it was a pretty interesting trick.

    So in short things are still going great here, and I guess it sounds like those times will work for our skype call, doing it on the TV is fine with me if that is what you want to do.  I hope everyone has a great week and stays happy and healthy.

Love you lots,
Elder Chayce Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.