Baptisms

Baptisms

Monday, June 27, 2016

Rainy season has offically started

Hello Family,
      It certainly sounds like it was quite the eventful week.  I'm glad that Grandma and Grandpa's wedding anniversary went well, and I hope that Lagoon was still enjoyable even with the heat.  Alaska also sounds it will be a fun trip, so I guess when it comes around, let me know how that goes.
     Well I think we are officially into the rainy season over here, which has been nice at night as things are much cooler and I can go to bed when it's 75 degrees instead of 90.  It's been raining almost every day this past week, usually around 3-4pm giving a nice cool down after the heat of the day.  It's actually kind of funny how our finding works during the hot and rainy seasons.  During the hot season when we go tracting, some people let us in just because they feel bad that we are standing out in the heat.  During the rainy season, some people let us in just because the feel bad because we are standing out in the rain.  So I guess a little sacrifice of standing out in the heat or rain brings more blessings in many different ways.  Although I think I still prefer the rainy season.
    This week some of the young men and Single Adults started mission prep class and the bishop of our ward I hear is the teacher.  So this week many of them having been asking more and more to work.  So this past week I think Elder Picar and I went on splits about 3 times.  It was a lot of fun, but by then end of the week we were running out of people to visit, and other people we visit were getting curious as to why we were visiting them for the 3rd time this week.  So it kind of gave us a push to find more people to teach to keep everyone busy. 
    My person for this week is our golden find for last week.  So if you recall the Uera family, the one were Elder Saludar and I baptized the mother of the family, but Sister Cora, her daughter, is an RM and then we baptized, Sister Cora's nieces. The sister in law of Sister Cora, who is the mother of the two nieces, is planning on staying a few months with Sister Cora and so she attended church last Sunday and she agreed to be taught.  So their whole family is excited as we have been slowly getting their whole family converted, and so far Sister Anna (The Sister in Law) is doing great.  Hopefully she be entering the waters of baptism before too long.
   Well that is about all I have for now,  I hope everything goes well this week and everyone stays healthy and happy.
Love you lots,
Elder Chayce Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.