Baptisms

Baptisms

Monday, August 1, 2016

Last workshop

Hello Family,

       Well I'm glad you enjoyed the Alaska trip even without the sun showing up a whole lot.  I'm still really curious what it's going to be like to adjust back to those kinds of temperatures again.  I did laugh pretty hard at the Grizzly bear shirt.  I guess I'll have to wait and see some of the other pictures when I get back.  Also thank you for the help about getting registration started at BYUI.  I'm still a bit blown away by all of it as I was hoping to have time to pray and ponder most of these decisions, but I guess all in all I can take it, but yes I certainly do want to make sure I'm making the right decisions here and it's hard to do that while still here in the mission as I trying to stay focused on the work, but at the same time I realize I have to look ahead for the future as well.  So I guess that is a good thing that they will still make me go in and do the rest of registration for BYUI so that hopefully I have at least 1 day or 2 or 3 to research things a little better. Also it looks like Kyler and I will be on the same plane coming from SLC to IDA, so it will be there will probably be a few families welcoming missionaries home of the plane that day. 

        So this week we had zone interviews this past week.  I gave my last workshop (or atleast I hope so) in front of a big group a people.  It was weird this time as I'm a district leader again and so I don't have my companion to trade of with during the workshop.  The topic was on following up.  So of course with most areas of teaching there are always times of review and if you have given an assignment or have committed them to something you will want to follow up to see if they went through with it.  I decided to relate it to the B.E.E.F of Shooting a Basketball (Balance. Elbows. Eyes. Follow Through).  We focused on how the follow through with the shot gives the ball direction and points it more towards the basket so the it goes in and they it doesn't get flung in different directions.  So if you want people to stay on the gospel course, and head towards baptism or keeping commitments you have to "follow through".  So it wasn't anything super fancy for a last formal workshop, but Sister Bertin did say that it was "Excellent" and that she really meant it, so I guess it was ok.

      We finally made it to the ocean this past week.  We weren't able to find the beach I was looking for as I know there is a part here in Caloocan where the shoreline is just straight up trash with a couple of canoes parked up on it, but I guess I'll have to keep up the search. The sunset was still pretty though even though the waters are black. Also earlier we were at the zoo here in Malabon and that was an interesting experience.  I thought tauphus park zoo was a small town zoo, but this took the cake.  It was a lot of fun though, we got to do a lot of things that either would be really expensive or possibly not allowed in the States, so it was fun.  Also just a heads up, I'm probably going to make another withdrawal for $100 or so to start getting some souvenirs.  Also if I'm not mistaken these are everyone's shirt sizes,  Dad- 2XL Mom- XL Nicole- L Brayden- L/M? Holly (S or M?) Anyway correct me if I'm wrong.

    My person for this week is Sister Maya.  Herself along with some of her cousins and a couple of brothers and sisters are the only members in their family.  They have wanted to have their parents taught for the longest time, but have been a bit apprehensive as both of them are pretty dedicated Catholics.  This week though Sister Maya had the courage to ask her dad if he would be willing to be taught and he accepted.  We have an appointment to teach him this week as this only occurred on Sunday, so I'll have to let you know how it goes.

    I think that's about all I have for this week.  I hope everything goes well for everyone this week.

Love you lots,

Elder Chayce Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.